Thursday, October 13, 2011

Next Project: A Cheerful Raincoat

One of my pet peeves about living in the northeast in the fall and winter is the color pallet. Everyone (and I mean everyone) wears black coats. So not only does this make finding your friend in a crowd difficult, it is incredibly BORING to look at. But I'm a rebel and refuse to conform! My next project is a new rain coat. I'll be working with laminated cotton for the first time, so it should be interesting to say the least. Below is the pattern I'll be using and the fabrics I selected last night. The dotted fabric is the lining and is a home decorating fabric to make the coat a little warmer.  I'll keep you posted as the project progresses!


BTW, Comic Con starts tomorrow! I'll be wearing my costume Saturday, so I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment